From: HAPS-L-owner@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of David Evans
Sent: Mon 4/7/2008 8:20 AM
To: 'HAPS-L@xxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: [HAPS-L] Bodies The Exhibition

I'm not sure about the question: do you mean dead bodies in general or THESE dead bodies?

As far as viewing the dead in general: These things are tough to deal with for sure.

Here is an answer as to why it is so difficult: People often feel uncomfortable when confronted with the mortality of others since they identify with their own inevitable destiny. Naturally, such a feeling is illogical (but clearly understandable) since it does not matter how one feels about death, it is still going to happen anyway. As we know from our discussion last week, this discomfort about death and dying is transferred to an actual contact taboo in some societies.

This view is not necessarily that of Penn College or of HAPS.