[HAPS-L] What are the Core Principles of physiology?

Dear colleague:

We are starting a project aimed at producing a conceptual assessment
instrument for physiology. Ones use of such an assessment instrument is to
answer the following question:  "Do my students understand the CORE
PRINCIPLES of physiology?"

The first step in this process is to reach some consensus about what these
CORE PRINCIPLES might be and what the component ideas of each of them are.

We are asking if you would be willing to participate in this project by
agreeing to take four surveys that will be administered on-line over the
next nine months.  Each will take, at a maximum, 20 minutes of your time.
But it is important that each individual who agrees to participate actually
provides responses to all four surveys.

We will be acknowledging the participation of all who provide responses to
the four surveys wherever that is appropriate.

If you are interested in participating, please contact one of us by e-mail
and let us know.   We will then send you the URL for the first survey.

If you need more information before making a decision, contact us with your
questions and we will do our best to explain what we're doing and why.

Thank you for considering this request.

Jenny

PLEASE REPLY TO jmichael@xxxxxxxx  OR jmcfarla@xxxxxxxx & NOT TO THE HAPS
LIST-SERVE.  Thank you.