Re: HIV/AIDS question [HAPP-L]

I would have to go back and look at the report in NEJM but as I
remember, they cleared the virus from their systems after birth.

>>> d_rowell@hotmail.com 10/24/00 04:33PM >>>
Students have asked me about, and I remember hearing about, newborns
that
test "HIV positive" after birth, but then test "negative" at around age
18
months.  Am I dreaming?  Was this report artifactual, or are there
cases
where only antibodies cross the placenta, and the child doesn't acquire
the
virus itself?

http://profiles.msn.com.

===========   HAPS WEBSITE AT  http://www.hapsweb.org  ======