RE: About as bad as it gets - but amusing! [HAPP-L]

You are right to put this ESL thing in perspective:  The usual reaction
to my attempts at verbal Spanish or French are paroxysms of laughter.
Arabs, however, are a little more patient with my attempts.  Germans
usually just reply to my German in perfect English...

>>> martha@fgcu.edu 10/26/00 07:10PM >>>
>>>Dr. Rosenthal - Did the student get into the honors program?
	Nope, couldn't do it.  Other reasons in addition to the essay.

	But I'm probably not being totally fair about his writing.  If
took a few years of Vietnamese and tried to write something like "I
hope to
gain admission to your honors program" in Vietnamese, it would
probably
translate to something like:  "go funny walk in banana patch".

Martha

Dr. Martha Rosenthal
Associate Professor of Neuroscience
Florida Gulf Coast University