Re: [HAPS-L] Cadaver Tables

Sandy – I'm not aware off of the top of my head wat one of there types of tables costs, but you may not have sifficient funds. In such a case, given you appear to have down ventilation, any suitable table should do — I would recommend a submersible platform "tank" table, where regardless of your humidity, ventilation, etc., the cadaver is returned to fluid at the conclusion of every session. We've foiund that at our school this set-up maintains the condition of the cadavers best for detailed prosections and ongoing dissections alike.

Jon

Alexandra J Neps wrote:
Hello, I have just been notified that our Anatomy and Physiology Department has $5000 dollars to spend by next week. I am very interested in downdraft cadaver tables and would greatly appreciate any information anyone can provide. A space was built 3 years ago for a "cadaver lab". The ventilation is in place to work with downdraft tables. The department ran out of money before tables could be purchased. All of this occurred prior to my postion. I fear this is a brief opportunity for me to move on having a working cadaver for our students... but I have not done my homework on suppliers for such tables. Thanks for any help/information you can provide. Sandy Neps Portland Community College ==========================================
To manage subscription,send email from the
subscription address to
imailsrv@xxxxxxxxxxx and in MESSAGE (1)

To unsubscribe from HAPS-L, put : unsubscribe HAPS-L,

--
Dr. Jon Jackson
Department of Anatomy & Cell Biology

701.777.2101	701.777.4911	vox